AspYre Scholarship Opportunity
Time & Location
About The Event
AspYre is offering a $1000.00 scholarship application to all students currently receiving AspYre services during the 2019-2020 School Year. Students and Pre-ETS adults will still be eligible if they receive AspYre services between August 2019 and the scholarship application deadline of March 31, 2020.
Only one scholarship will be awarded and may be used for a certification program or other post-secondary skill-based learning program. To request application and requirements please email kkirtley@aspYre2be.com.
The requirements are as followings:
• Student or Adult is receiving Pre-Ets services with AspYre between August 1, 2019, and March 31, 2020.
• The applicant will participate in a group activity to learn about scholarships, grants, FAFSA and other available funding.
• Will submit a 2 paragraph letter with their application outlining what they plan to use the funds for, the outcome they wish to achieve from the award and how this opportunity will change their future. Each student will have help constructing their letter from their AspYre Career Counselor if needed.
• The applicant and/or their guardian will also have help from their counselor to properly fill out the application for the scholarship.
• Funds shall only be used for costs related to a certification program, skill training program or other post-secondary option leading to an employment outcome.
• This can include, but is not limited to; technology or other supplies, study materials, specialized or required clothing and/or equipment, tuition or fees associated with the program, and/or transportation costs (i.e. vehicle, the cost associated with ride-sharing, etc.)
Applications must be received by March 31, 2020, to be eligible and the award recipient will be chosen by May 4, 2020.
Please share with anyone that is considering Pre-Ets with AspYre! We look forward to giving back to a deserving participant and our community in the Spring of 2020!